IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nguyễn Minh
    Nguyễn Minh
    Participant

Topic: Many people go to university for academic study. More people should be encouraged to do vocational training because there is a lack of qualified workers such as electricians and plumbers. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
    Whether students should pursue academic study or follow a vocational training course to meet the labour market’s need for qualified and skillful workers has become the issue of intense public and personal interest. While I partly accept that erolling in a academic course is beneficial to some extent, I also agree that people should be encouraged to become trained workers such as electricians, plumbers or other essential manual workers.
    One the one hand, there are a range of benefits if students attend academic course. Firstly, academic qualifications are required in many professions. For example, it is impossible to become a doctor, lawyer without having relevant degree. Secondly, job market is becoming more and more competitive and sometimes there are hundreds of applicats for one position in a company. People who do not have qualifications from college or university will not able to compete.
    One the other hand, I strongly argue that more people must be encouraged to attend vacational courses. The first reason is that students who do these courses could reduce their time in study. This is due to the fact that vacational training couses take less time to study compared to academic students who have to spend more time to acquire academic pursuit. For instanct, in VietNam, it takes about 2 years to complete electrical training course but people who want to become a surgergic doctor have to spend at least 8 years to graduate. Another reason is that people following the vacational course intend to have more job opportunities. This is because the need for qualified workers is increasing dramatically nowadays, which means they can … after completing vacational course and this can
    In conclusion, studying in university or studying in vacational training has its advantages. However, it seems to me that we courage young people to follow vocational training course not only its benefits but also to address the shortage of qualified workers.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

IELTS Veteran

[20:01:07, 8/2/2018] Cám ơn các bạn!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online 2016