IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online

Trang chủ Forums Chữa bài IELTS Writing Chữa bài IELTS Task 2 As well as making money, businesses also have social responsibilities

As well as making money, businesses also have social responsibilities

• Author
    Profile photo of To Trinh
    To Trinh
    Participant

As well as making money,businesses also have social responsibilities. Do you agree or disagree?
    The idea that, while making profits is the fundamental principle of business, enterprises also have social responsibilities. I completely agree with this view that besides seeking the approaches to maximize their profits, companies also have social obligation.
    On the one hand, making money is always the top priority of any company. Through their profits, they are able to produce their products which meet the changing need of customer. Furthermore, in order to maitain and grow businesses, interprises need to pay some fees, such as building office, employees’ salary and utilities. If a company can not pay for those bills, the social responsibilities become irrelevant.
    On the other hand, there are strong reason why interprises should also accept that they have responsibilities in society. The first reason is that without control, the industrial waste disposal from a factory will influence seriously on citizens around this place. For example, Vedan factory discharged chemical waste into river instead of installing waste treatment system, which made people boycott their goods for a long time. Another reason is that firm should help people who are less fortunate in life. For instance, they could provide scholarships for poor students or support local charity. Through such charitable activities, companies may enhance their public image and their products be well-known in society.
    In conclsion, although I believe that making profits play an integral role in business, I would argue that they should have social responsibilities.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

IELTS Veteran

Please kindly check!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

The forum ‘Chữa bài IELTS Task 2’ is closed to new topics and replies.

IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online 2016