IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online

c punishment

• Author
    Profile photo of Hien Chan
    Hien Chan
    Participant

It is important for children to learn the difference between right and wrong at an early age. Punishment is necessary to help them learn this distinction.
    To what extent do your agree or disagree with this opinion?
    What sort of punishment should parents and teachers be allowed to use to teach good behaviour to children?

Some people argue that punishment is a useful method for children to distinct right and wrong when they are kids. From my point of view, I certainly believe that some punishment for the betterment of the children should not be allowed.
    Punishment is harmful for children because it provokes fear in children. When parents or teachers use corporal punishment in the form of smacking or spanking, children tend to lose their possesions, privileges, safety and well being. What is more, kinds of violent punishment have serious impacts on children’s psychology. As a result, they may be shy and inconvenient at the early age which lead to negative effects in their development.
    On the other hand, if parents and teachers replace the corporal punishment with lessons or disciplines, children will straightforwardly achieve good behaviours without pain and fear. Indeed, punishment must not be physically or metally harmful, but it should be fruitfully carried out. For example, Japanese parents ask their children to grow trees and vegetables in the garden when they have broken braches of trees in the park. Furthermore, Indian students are punished to run five kilometters for the fault of truant in the PE class. Such punishments not only educate students to take their responsibility but also benefit children’s health
    In conclusion, I believe that corporal punishment is not the best method to teach children how to distinct correct behaviours and mistakes. Howerver, in some special cases, punishment can be acceptabe as long as it is educated not injurious and helpful for the education’s purpose.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

IELTS Veteran

Feel free to leave your comments, thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online 2016