IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online

Trang chủ Forums Chữa bài IELTS Writing Chữa bài IELTS Task 2 Discussion _ Speaking foreign language

Discussion _ Speaking foreign language

• Author
    Profile photo of Ta ngoc thanh tam
    Ta ngoc thanh tam
    Participant

Living in a country where you have to speak a foreign language can cause serious social problems, as well as practical problems.
    To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Thank you, guys.

————————-

Living in a country where you have to speak a foreign language can cause serious social problems, as well as practical problems.
    To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

The difference in language, in some cases, is considered causing manifold issues, socially and practically. To my point of view, while I cannot gainsay the impact of using a foreign language can occur to one’s life, I still strongly concur with the opportunities that living in a new society with a new language can proffer.

On the one hand, no one can refute the negative impact of living in a new society that do not speak our mother tongue. Different languages are synonymous with having different cultures and habitats. In some societies, beside their national language, English is not well-known by the people and communication with the locals is one of the worst hurdles to be overcome. China is one of the illustrious examples for this issue. Due to the fact that English is not spoken by a majority of people in the country, you need to have an adept translator or exploring their way of living is out of reach. Living in a foreign-language-speaking society is an inexorable obstacle around the world.

On the other side of the spectrum, the breakthrough of the aforementioned dilemma grants us an entrance to a larger pool of knowledge and opportunities. Firstly, speaking their national language affords us a better mutual understanding about their traditions, therefore enhance the mutual understanding between each other. The more native language the travelers know, the better relationships and benefits they receive from the locals. Secondly, being able to speak the language of a country we live in also put us at a distinct advantage over those who are not in our study and career. More and more international students or skilled workers can get better offers in Canadian cities, thanks to their adept English and French speaking skills.

In conclusion, while living in a foreign-language-speaking society is a difficult problem socially and practically and overcoming it is an arduous task, it seems to me that the rewarding opportunities and knowledge is worth trying for.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

IELTS Veteran

Kindly check!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online 2016