IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online

Trang chủ Forums Chữa bài IELTS Writing Chữa bài IELTS Task 2 DISCUSSION ESSAY_HOUSING PROBLEM

DISCUSSION ESSAY_HOUSING PROBLEM

• Author

[7/9/2018, 10:38:24 AM] Cám ơn các bạn!

————————-

Opinion essay:
    Housing shortage has become a serious social problem, some people think the only solution is by government actions. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
    =====
    It is argued by some that the government is solely responsible for combatting the problem of lacking accommodation for residents of a nation. While I agree that government plays a crucial role in deal with the issue, I firmly believe that the engagement of other sectors in the society is of equal importance. The essay below will first analyze how governments can work out the problem and then discuss the vital roles of private sectors before bringing it to a logical conclusion.
    On the one hand, there are a range of actions can be taken to confront the problem of lacking houses. Initially, governments could utilize their fiscal policies such as granting low-income families subsidies. This way, the underprivileged could be more approachable to their accommodation given their meager income. Another significantly powerful tool of governments is their legal corridor. With the rocketing housing prices, relying merely on the regulation of the market would not be of much help. In this regard, housing price is of urgent need to be adjusted by law together with legislation. A compelling example of this measure might be the case of Vietnam. Recently, the government has imposed a higher tax rate on those who possess more than one house. Consequently, the action immediately came in to effect and caused the housing prices to plummet, making the dream of a stable settlement of its dwellers come true.
    On the other hand, private sectors’ involvement is equally significant in satisfying the intense thirst of stable accommodation. Several governments are under tight budget so that financial assistance could not sufficiently tackle the problem. Meanwhile, private companies with solid background of finance may lend a helping hand by pouring their investment into the construction of more condominiums. Given limited land for housing, apartments prove to be an optimal choice in that they could offer those in need of apartments with a wide selection of types and prices. In this regard, Ho Chi Minh City of Vietnam stands out as a compelling instance, with thousands of apartments being erected thanks to the resources of private sectors. But for such involvement, the officials could not have relieved the burden and addressed problems regarding housing shortage.
    In conclusion, although I agree that governments should be the pioneers in combating housing issues, participation from different economic sectors should not be overlooked.
    Body 1 is far longer than Body 2, is it ok?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

IELTS Veteran

Overall, you did a very great job. Keep up the good work and you will be on the way to the top!
    Best,
    Linh.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

IELTS Veteran

Hi Linh,

Do I really need who are in the phrase -“> those who are in need of apartments” as I think in need is an adj so I can reduce the relative clause? Thank you.
    :

IELTS Veteran

Hi ban,
      there is no such grammar pattern like those +adj, so I personally think relative clause is necessary here.

IELTS Veteran

Hi Linh,

Please confirm ” As a result, this enables the underprivileged/low-income earners to afford to pay for their accommodation /possess/own their own houses” –> do I need to use to pay after to afford?

Thank you.

IELTS Veteran

Hi ban,
      pay is optional here. You can use afford with or without pay. Both are fine.
      Thanks,
      Linh.

IELTS Veteran

Thank ban much

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online 2016