IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online

Trang chủ Forums Chữa bài IELTS Writing Chữa Writing 911 Fathers stay at home _ Causes and Effects

Fathers stay at home _ Causes and Effects

• Author
    Profile photo of Sophie
    Sophie
    Participant

These days more father stay at home and take care of their children while mothers go out to work. What would be the reasons for this? Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
    “Men built house, women make it home”, that was a long-standing culture for most countries around the world. However, there is a new trend where men become homemaker whilst women are breadwinners. There are numerous reasons for this trend and I am going to point out some of them which are the most important ones and examine some of the positive effects of it to our societies.
    First and foremost, among the variety of reasons for the issue above, the most remarkable one is gender equality. In the past, there were limited jobs that women could do to earn low salary in comparison with men. Therefore, many of them decided to be housewives instead of working hard with small payment. Nonetheless, nowadays, based on economic development, there are more opportunities for women to find a suitable and well-paid job. As consequences, more women are willing to go out for work than being at home and taking care of children. Another reason is that because of the rise of living cost, it leads to the fact that the men cannot support their family by their own, so most of marriage couples have both partners working to save money and fulfill all family’s needs. Thus, when they have children, they may decide who would work and who would stay at home depending on personal preference or who could earn more money. The last reason is the changes in culture I which citizens are more open, they consider househusband or women who are main economic pillars as normal and do not criticize them anymore.
    From my point of view, I acknowledge this fact as a positive development when women stop being forced to stay at home and look after their kids. They can discuss with their spouse about who should go out to work or take responsible of children without any barriers or pressure to sacrifice their careers. After all, they are free to make decision and accomplish their targets in life. In addition, this movement also implement a huge number of women to social workforce and balance the gender rate in the industry.
    In conclusion, the main reasons for this issue are gender equality, living cost and modern culture, and I believe that this is actually a favorable development.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

IELTS Veteran

[6/2/2018, 8:55:26 AM] Cám ơn các bạn!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online 2016