IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nguyễn Minh Hà
    Nguyễn Minh Hà
    Participant

[23:02:25, 6/7/2018] Cám ơn các bạn!

————————-

Every day, millions of tons of food are wasted all over the world. Why do you think this is happening? And how can we solve this problem?
    It is true that now a huge amount of excess food is thown away throughout the world. There are a number of reasons behind this trend and plenty of solutions should be proposed to resolve them.
    To begin with, there are two compelling reasons for the wasted food. First of all, many residents, especially who are better off, have a habit of buying more food than they can eat; as a result, they can enjoy a variety of dishes in a meal. To be specific, regarding psychology, people in all ages often have more appetite when there are different kinds of food on the table, rather than just three dishes relevant to their eating capacity. Secondly, almost every restaurant now has a choice of throw away all the remains so that they can paint a nice picture about hygience for their customers. In fact, no one wants to eat in a restaurant that just gives them the food in the previous day.
    Fortunately, several feasible measures can be taken to handle this. On the one hand, the fact that many children in rural areas don’t have enough food to eat should be promoted through official media. As a result, it will become an instinct for other citizens to feel guilty upon geting rid of food. On the other hand, local authorities should encourage the restaurateurs by giving intrinsic motivation to present the remains for the needy such as orphans. This can not only reduce the amount of wasted food but also raise a conscientious relationship between people in different status.
    In conclusion, there are a range of rationales explaning for the amount of wasted food, and bodies and the press should focus more on solving them.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

IELTS Veteran

We’re truly sorry for sending feedback late as there is an error with some posts on the website, and we cannot upload the corrected file. Fortunately, the error is fixed today. Please kindly check my notes here, and feel free to leave comments if you have any questions. Thanks a lot for your understanding.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

IELTS Veteran

I am a bit confused about some of your comments:
    1. Comment 2: some veterans told me that the use of “a” before “plenty of” is unnecessary, I don’t know why there are so many oppositional opinions toward this, so what is the correct way to use? :/
    2, In comment 7, I think the use of ‘rather than’ is equal to ‘instead of’. It can also be used with noun in Oxford dic.
    3. In comment 8: Please first show me the odd words I’ve used so that I can fix in the next time. Can you rewrite the sentences for me but still base on my ideas rather than change almost?
    4. In comment 9, I think “paint a nice picture” is used correctly here with its abstract meaning. Additionally, can you show me the exact use of ‘have a choice of’?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online 2016