IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online

gender-and-university

• Author
    Profile photo of TUANRPT
    TUANRPT
    Participant

[7/12/2018, 5:50:15 PM] Cám ơn các bạn!

————————-

Universities should accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
    Some people believe that the proportions of male and female student in a number of universities should be equal in every subject. For a variety of reasons, I totally disagree with this opinion.

The first reason is that there will lose the educational opportunities for many students. For example, students having chances to study in subjects related to the major of information technology must wait for admission until these subjects have equal percentages of each gender. Therefore, they will find it easy to get frustrated because of waiting to go to class for a long time. This means that they are very likely to choose another subject or even another major to pursue their university education. If these students cancel the course registration, the other students have to wait for other applicants, and it is very difficult for universities to find a specific time to start the courses.

In addition to this, it seems to me that it would be unfair to base admission to university courses on gender. This is because depending on gender, each male and female student has different strengths. For example, male students tend to study some courses requiring high imagination and creativity such as computer assembly and repair courses, and if these courses still remain balance on gender, this will leads to selecting lower qualifications of women instead of choosing prospect male candidates. Alternatively, universities should select the best candidates for courses according to their qualifications to have fair competition among candidates.

In conclusion, while some people argue that there are equal percentages of each gender in every subject at universities, I strongly disagree with this view.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

IELTS Veteran

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online 2016