IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online

Trang chủ Forums Chữa bài IELTS Writing Chữa Writing 911 is attend university needed?

is attend university needed?

• Author
    Profile photo of Phương Nguyễn
    Phương Nguyễn
    Participant

[8/4/2018, 4:32:27 PM] Cám ơn các bạn!

————————-

Topic: Some people believe that studying at university or college is the best route to a successful career, while others believe that it is better to get a job straight after school.
    Discuss both views and give your opinion.

The question of whether to continue further studies or opt for a job after high school remains a source of controversy. While some people believe that it is better to seek jobs immediately after graduation, I firmly believe that obtaining tertiary education is the stepping stone for future accomplishments.

On the one hand, having a career following twelve years of schooling entice people for two principal reasons. For one thing, instantaneous monetary gain from working results in improved living standards. Being financially better off thanks to employment allows people to afford basic necessities such as shelter and food, thereby removing stress. For another, the practical experience gained from entering the workforce early brings value that university cannot provide. Thus, people strive to get a job as early as possible in order to not only become viable members of the community, but also learn demanding skills at faster pace than that at colleges.

On the other hand, I support that pursuing higher education are of great importance, which propels people to reach higher level of success. Nowadays, a relevant degree is an essential element in many high-paying professions. For instance, it is impossible to become a doctor, lawyer, or teacher without completion of sufficient university coursework. Although younger fields such as technology require hands-on practical application, tertiary qualifications in these fields are necessary in equipping people with a fundamental understanding before moving to senior roles. If people had not pursued academic excellence, they would not have had the relevant skills that ensure a smooth progress in their careers.

There are polarizing views regarding whether to look for a job or obtain tertiary education. While I understand the immediate benefits from having a career early, I strongly advocate attending university, for it is the best way to achieve future successes.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

IELTS Veteran

Overall, you had a good shot! Pay attention to mistakes I corrected and you will be on your way to the top.
    Best,
    Linh.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online 2016