Topic: The diagram shows the changes that have taken place at West Park
Secondary School since its construction in 1950.
The maps illustrate how a secondary school called West Part developed swift
during a 60-year period, from 1950 to 2010. It is clear that the West Park
Secondary School changed considerably over the period shown, with the
demolition of accommodation and land for agriculture to make away for the
enlargement of school facilities.
Between 1950 to 1980, while houses were demolished to give away to a car
park and a science block next to the main building, the farmland was
deconstructed to make away for sports area. In contrast, the school and
playground remained unchanged through the period of 30 years.
By 2010, one of the noticeable points is that the main building and science
block had been existed unchanged. However, there were changes in the
amenities of school. The car park was widened significantly and replaced
totally the area of the sports field. On the other hand, the playground was
reduced in size being replaced a part of the area for the purpose of the