IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online

Multicultural societies

• Author
    Profile photo of TCHH
    TCHH
    Participant

Multicultural societies, in which there is a mixture of different ethnic peoples, bring more benefits than drawbacks to a country.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

On the age of globalization, multicultural communities are the common reflections of international cooperation. While it may be partly true that multicultural environments where are destination of people coming from many different countries have some drawbacks, I do believe that they also have various benefits.

On the one hand, there are two main reasons why people think that multiculturalism is detrimental trend. First of all, it is common that race discrimination tends to appear in such kind of community. Take USA as an example, although the nation is considered as one of the most diverse nations in the world, it has regularly experienced race conflicts between individuals in the black and white community which have seriously threaten not only citizen safety but also social development. The second reason is that the governments’ management can become extremely complicated because of differences in cultures and traditions of locals. Indeed, if lawmakers want to issue new regulations implemented in multicultural environments, the preparation might take even years.

Despite the adverse effects above, I do agree with those who believe that multicultural societies have positive influence. Firstly, multicultural environments such as global villages are precious tourism resources due to their uniqueness and attractions. For example, Kuala Lumpur city combining three majority ethnic peoples, namely Malaysian, Chinese and Indian, has been recognized as one of the most attractive Asian city with millions of visitors each year. Secondly, multicultural societies offer a great number of opportunities for people to broaden their horizon about different traditions. Therefore, by daily interaction with foreigners, people in the societies can enhance their awareness and working skill in multinational environment.

In conclusion, although I accept that multiculturalism has some adverse impact on a country, I do hold the view that it also has beneficial influence.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

IELTS Veteran

Overall, I think you did a really good job. There are only a few things I think you should change. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online 2016