IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online

Overconsuming food

• Author
    Profile photo of Dương Trần
    Dương Trần
    Participant

Research shows that overeating is as harmful as smoking. Therefore, advertising for food products should be banned in the same way as for cigarettes in many countries. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
    Many people think that the over consumption of food can cause similar affects to people’s health as smoking so the prohibition on advertising of foods should be implemented as cigarettes. I disagree with the ban on food’s advertisements and I will explain on this essay.
    On the one hand, there are some reasons to believe that the excessive consumption of food is seen as detrimental as smoking to human’s health. Firstly, a huge number of food intake would lead to uncontrolled weight gaining which is a root cause of obesity. Undoubtely, overeating has significantly contributed to the rise in the number of obese people that gradually put human’s like in danger. Secondly, consuming a huge amount of unhealthy food such as fast food or processed food is more likely to negatively affect people’s health. For instance, high cholesterol, which is usually found in fast food, is supposed to be a basic reason that results in high blood pressure for users.
    On the other hand, it seems to me that there are several reasons why governments should not prohibit advertising on some certain foods. Firstly, the advertisements is known as an informative source which necessarily provides useful information about many kind of products to consumers. For example, by watching milk commercials, viewers are able to gain knowledge of ingredients of a particular milk or a discount promotion. Secondly, the consumption of food would be also sinificantly affected by various factors like interests, habit or even psychology of human instead of mainly by advertising. Thus, the imposition a ban on food’s commercials might be not a wise decision.
    Inconclusion, despite the fact that there are still many drawbacks of overconsuming foods, I still believe that the advertisements of food should not be treated the same way as smoking.
    296 words

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

IELTS Veteran

Please kindly check!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

The forum ‘Chữa bài IELTS Task 2’ is closed to new topics and replies.

IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online 2016