IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nguyet Anh
    Nguyet Anh
    Participant

Some people think that employers should not care about the way their employees dress, because what matters is the quality of their work. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
    In the modern workplace, dress codes at the workplace are changing as the employers focus more on the performance of work than on the rules of clothes that their employees must follow. While I agree that the workers should be evaluated on their work alone, I still believe that the dress codes exist for many positive reasons in certain professions.
    On the one hand, these recent years, many companies tend not to set grooming rules at the office. Instead, the managers would like to create an informal, fun, creative environment in order to let their employees feel more relaxed and totally focus on their tasks. For example, giant technology companies like Google or Microsoft, their staff are encouraged to wear what they want and feel comfortable. In addtion to, they are expected to produce outstanding results of work alone. From the performance and success of these companies, we understand that the strict dress codes are not really necessary in the technology sector.
    On the other hand, setting grooming at the workplace may bring benefits in many industries. Proper grooming or professional appearance are important to gain positive impression and to respect in the workplace. Having a workplace dress code will ensure pride and responsibility amongst employees because everyone will know they represent the company and have the belonging feeling. Besides, many companies, particularly service and producing companies, require their employees to wear uniforms which is considered as a way to create an image of companies and enhance brand awareness.
    In conclusion, I agree to allow relaxed dress codes at the work but I do not think it is suitable to apply for all companies and all industries.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

IELTS Veteran

[4/26/2018, 9:37:09 AM] Cám ơn các bạn!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online 2016