IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online

Trang chủ Forums Chữa bài IELTS Writing Chữa Writing 911 Task 2: More and more students are choosing to study at colleges and universitie

Task 2: More and more students are choosing to study at colleges and universitie

• Author
    Profile photo of minhsenior
    minhsenior
    Participant

More and more students are choosing to study at colleges and universities in a foreign country. Do the benefits of studying abroad outweigh the drawbacks?
    There are an increasing number of students who decide to study abroad. I personally believe that this development is more negative than positive.
    On the one hand, I agree that the main advantage of pursuing educational opportunities in foreign countries is better studying environments. This is because not only they gain a world-class education in developed countries like the US and UK, but also have chances to compete with other excellent international and domestic students throughout the learning process.This could enable them to achieve good academic performances.
    On the other hand, in my opinion, one of the major international problems would face is a financial pressure. In fact, according to policy of some countries, foreign students have to pay higher tuition than local ones. Furthermore, it can be more adverse for learners coming from developing countries because of high exchange rates between host country’ currency and their domestic currency.. For example, a few hundred dollars can be minor to an American, but significant to a Vietnamese student.
    Another problem is that students who study abroad might experience language barrier. Regardless of how long they have studied their host countries’ official language, it may be extremely difficult to understand local accents with slang phrases and idioms in daily life. For instant, many Vietnamese students who achieved 8.0 or above in IELTS are still not able to communicate with the local and their professors at the beginning, which can lead to social isolation and an inability to acquire knowledge and information at schools.
    In conclusion, I again reaffirm my position that studying in foreign countries brings a benefit of learning environment which is outweighed by several drawbacks including expensive educational cost and communication barrier.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

IELTS Veteran

[1/10/2018, 10:24:51 AM] Cám ơn các bạn!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online 2016