IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online

Trang chủ Forums Chữa bài IELTS Writing Chữa Writing 911 Task 2 Tracking devices Official 5

Task 2 Tracking devices Official 5

• Author
    Profile photo of Le Quoc Tuan
    Le Quoc Tuan
    Participant

Nowadays technology is increasingly being used to monitor what people are saying and doing (for example, through cell phone tracking and security cameras). In many cases, the people being monitored are unaware that this is happening. Do you think the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?

For the past few decades, most people have been used to the idea that quantum leaps in information technologies have revolutionised how people live. However, in some circumstances, modern devices could eavesdrop us but we are not aware of the risk. In my point of view, that minor issue is acceptable while we are having many advantages of the technology development.
    First and foremost, we have various benefits of tracking gadgets to protect our home. It is commonplace to see a CCTV system installed in a house works to record what is happening around the place so that the tracking device could protect the family from thieves accessing from the vicinity. Furthermore, it is possible to use tracking equipment to know where children are as well.
    Secondly, cutting-edge technologies could help us find belongings much easier. If the possession has a location tracking function, it will be more convenient to look for. For example, a mobile phone is essential to everyone using it because it has uncountable intimate data such as emails, contacts, picture which could be an unintimate disaster for the owner losing the phone. Fortunately, by tracking apps installed in the phone, the device is possibly found just right after the accident.
    On the other hand, many people might argue that it also has drawbacks. By using tracking devices, we are running a risk of losing personal information which could be utilised by third parties to advertise their services or to blackmail the victim. However, I think it rarely happens and not to be a significant problem.
    To sum up, technologies are still far from perfection. It still has some downsides but I believe that we are having much more advantages of the development than its problems.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

IELTS Veteran

[04:55:34, 7/2/2018] Cám ơn các bạn!

Attachments:

IELTS Veteran

Thanks, could you please reply to me?
    Enjoy the holidays :)

IELTS Veteran

I dont know why the attached file did not appear there

Attachments:

The forum ‘Chữa Writing 911’ is closed to new topics and replies.

IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online 2016