IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online

Task2_Social media

• Author
    Profile photo of LE THI MY LINH
    LE THI MY LINH
    Participant

The use of social media, such as Facebook and Twitter, is replacing face-to-face contact in this century. Do you think the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?
    Social media plays many vital impacts to our life which is including face-to-face communication. Many people believe that it is replacing the real conversations. While there are many benefits of using social media, however, I still argue that the pros of this outweigh the cons.
    On the other hand, virtual communication has many advantages. Firstly, it allows people to contact widely and conveniently. Nowadays, it is common that the Vietnamese people can make friends with others in over the world such as America, Germany, Africa by a click of mouse. Thanks to Facebook and Twitter, people can easily search for the childhood friends that they didn’t contact in many years. Secondly, advanced technology helps people keep up to date information. By using Facebook, the new feeds is refreshed by a second that provides the latest happening with friends, family and important news such as weather, economics, polictics. It also allows people to quick access with information by using only Facebook application than many different websites.
    On the other hand, I believe that the social media has many enormous disadvantages. To begin with, by using it, the quality of face-to-face interactions are suffering. People use text messages, comments or video calls on Facebook to interact with others, it sometimes leads to misunderstanding each other. Furthermore, using Facebook and Twitter cost people a lot of time. The Tuoitre newspapers reports that young generations spend average five hours for searching and posting pictures on Facebook and Twitter as they used to this time to study and to do exercise. Finally, children spends most of time in font of computers are lack of communication skills than those who interactive in real conversations.
    In conclusion, it seems to me that the replacing of face-to-face communication by using social media has many drawbacks than benefits

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

IELTS Veteran

[1/14/2018, 2:13:01 PM] Cám ơn các bạn!

Attachments:

IELTS Veteran

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!

Attachments:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online 2016