• Chữa bài IELTS Task 2

• Khanhthy

Participant
      August 14, 2018 at 6:08 pm

Traffic and housing problems in major cities could be solved by moving large companies and factories and their employees to the countryside.

————————-

Traffic and housing problems in major cities could be solved by moving large companies and factories and their employees to the countryside.

Most people would accept that one of the highest priorities today is to find a solution to the traffic and housing problems. It has been suggested that best way to achieve this is for governments to move large companies and factories to rural areas. While I accept that this policy is good to some extent, I am not sure that this is necessarily the case.
      It might be a good idea to relocate large businesses and their employees from the urban areas to the rural ones because of some reasons. The primary reason is that a shift of big firms from cities to countries may leave more space to build new residential areas, thus relieving pressure on urban housing supply systems. Another significant reason is that this measure can help reduce traffic congestion. With the decrease of workers’ vehicles inside the city, traffic is expected to be reduced and pressure on the public transportation system eased.
      I would, however, argue that the strategy of business relocation may ensue some negative outcomes and there are much better methods of tackling the problems of traffic congestion and the shortage of housing. First of all, because living stardard in urban area is much higher than rural areas, there are many people that are unwilling to move to countryside. As a result, instead of reducing traffic jam and urban housing pressure, this measure may lead to longer rush hour and higher traffic fees. Besides, moving companes and factories to remote regions is just a temporary solution, government should address to more effective policy such as encouraging people to use public transports rather than use private vehicles. This can be done by reducing the price and increasing the frequency of buses and tubes to make it more convenient for users.
      In conclusion, while accepting that relocating businesses to the countryside is one way to deal with traffic and housing problems, I also believe that we need a combination of this approach and a number of other actions, as listed above, to tackle these problems.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
    • truongminhtri210595

Blocked
      August 18, 2018 at 11:30 pm

Please kindly check!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 reply thread

The forum ‘Chữa bài IELTS Task 2’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Học IELTS Online