IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online

Violent crime

• Author

Write about the following topic:
    Recent figures show an increase in violent crime among youngsters under the age of 18. Some psychologists claim that the basic reason for this is that children these days are not getting the social and emotional learning they need from parents and teachers.
    To what extent do you agree or disagree with this option?
    Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
    Write at least 250 words
    Whether parents and teachers are not paying enough attention to children remains a subject of controversy. Some people believe that children are lacking the education from their family and school while others argue that this is not the only underlying reason. I partly agree with the statement that parents and teachers need to be responsive to children’s delinquency
    First of all, in a busy work environment, parents must work more diligently to earn much money to take care of their families. Consequently, they do not have enough time and energy to educate children after a hard-working day. Because of the lack of care from their parents, children may become more vulnerable and be easy to be lured into social evils such as smoking and gambling. In addition, most of fathers and mothers find it difficult to reduce the gap between generations, which is a culprit of the alienation phenomenon at home
    Secondly, it is believed that in each school, teachers focus too much on guiding academic knowledge instead of social skills. Moreover, they also take care of numerous pupils in a class, followed by a carelessness to each child. For instance, my mother who works as a teacher is managing a class with 60 pupils and she said that she feels tired and exhausted when taking charge of educating such a class.
    However, there is another reason. The media and the Internet play a crucial role in adjusting children’s behavior. It is true that accessing the sea of information on the Internet, teenagers can watch harmful websites, which leads to putting their knowledge in jeopardy. Even worsening, the mass media provide a convenient condition for innocent children to access violent films, images and videos. As a result, the society witnesses an increase in the crime rate of youngsters.
    In conclusion, I agree that parents and teachers should spend more time looking after and educating the young people. Nevertheless, in my opinion, the government also needs to set more strict laws in order to manage the information published on the Internet and media.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

IELTS Veteran

[3/14/2018, 3:11:34 PM] Cám ơn các bạn!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online 2016