The given maps illustrate the transformation of the town called Harborne between the years 1936 and 2007.
Overall, it can be noticeable that there was a significant development in this small city. While the area of green space decreased considerably, a large number of high buildings, recreational constructions were built during the period shown.
Specifically, from 1936 to 2007, two of total three trees were cut in the northwestern section of the town. The river located in the northeast was filled to replace with a new residential area. For the center part, except for the post office, bank, library still remained, all other sites were changed. The sweet shop and butchers turned into the supermarket, the blank land was constructed a shopping center, and a travel agent was rebuilt from the flower shop originated in 1936.
Following the similar trend, the cycle path in the southwest was redesigned as a big road over the 71-year period. Meanwhile, the government offices were converted into a museum and the adjacent farmland was transformed into a golf course.