IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online

Writing task 2

• Author

Task 2: Some people believe that it is more important to teach children the literature of their own country than of other countries. Do you agree or disagree?
    Answer:
    While I tend towards the view point that teaching the youth their national literature is very crucial, I would have to support a limited amount of that children also need to get knowledge of others one.
    On the one hand, there are several reasons why children should be taught the literature of their own country. Firstly, studying the national literature allows the young enhance their historic knowledge because literature is a mirror which reflects the history. For example, Vietnamese literature contains thousands of works which recorded the myths from Hung Vuong Dynasty to the poems which were wrote in Vietnam War. Secondly, literature provides students opportunities to study and understand not only the beauty but also the specialization of their own languages, how to establish a word and spell it correctly, the way to use grammar in order to raise their pride to maintain and improve it.
    Learning foreign literature also plays an important part in developing the general knowledge of children. One reason is that students can broaden their mind about foreign cultures which are shown in novels, poems they studied. Learning about great works, students will have a look at other countries’ customs which the authors expressed. Nowadays, globalization allows them to study abroad easily; so, understanding foreign culture will help them quickly fall in line with the native. Additionally, they can make a comparison with the literature of their own country in order to find out the remarkable differences in terms of cultures between them.
    In conclusion, in my opinion, students should learn about the literature of both their country and foreign ones.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

IELTS Veteran

Please kindly check!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online 2016