IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online

Trang chủ Forums Chữa bài IELTS Writing Chữa Writing 911 Writing Task 2 – Opinion

Writing Task 2 – Opinion

• Author
    Profile photo of Hoc ielts
    Hoc ielts
    Participant

The money spent by governments on space programmes would be better spent on vital public services such as schools and hospitals. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

————————-

The money spent by governments on space programmes would be better spent on vital public services such as schools and hospitals. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Governments in some countries spend a large amount of money on space exploration programmes. I totally agree with the idea that these are waste of money and that money should be spent on public services.
    There are several reasons why space programmes should be stopped. Firstly, training scientists and staff involving space missions are getting enormously expensive. And equipment and other facilities also come at a huge cost. Secondly, these space schemes does not benefit ordinary people in their life, they are simply vanity programmes for politicians and their parties. Finally, the smallest technological errors can easily lead to fatalities. For example, the Space Shutter Challenger disaster reminds us of how dangerous the space travels are. In my opinion, it is not worth to take risk of these programmes.
    I definitely believe that funds for space exploration should reallocate to some vital public services instead. It is much cheaper to train workers at services for society than it is to train scientist, astronauts for space project. In addition to that, public servants do jobs that have positive impacts on society and help enhance quality of life. Every member of society needs schools, hospitals and public facilities. We all need police to guarantee security. Money spent on public service can lift out poverty and bring better life for them.
    In conclusion, I believe that government should invest money on public services that benefit all member of society and should stop these space programmes that do not help in our real life.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

IELTS Veteran

[21:58:23, 13/8/2018] Cám ơn các bạn!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online 2016