IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online, Luyện thi IELTS Online cùng Gia sư IELTS 8.0

Trang chủ Forums Chữa bài IELTS Writing Chữa bài IELTS Task 2 Spending money on vital areas

Spending money on vital areas

• Author
    Profile photo of Dinh Cong Anh
    Dinh Cong Anh
    Participant

[15:05:23, 4/1/2020] Cám ơn các bạn!

IELTS Veteran

[1/8/2020, 9:01:03 AM] Cám ơn các bạn!

IELTS Veteran

[1/8/2020, 9:01:03 AM] Cám ơn các bạn!

IELTS Veteran

Dear teacher,

I really appreciate your comments which can help me to improve myself more.

Here I mean in the sentence below:
    there are countless ailments such as HIV, cancers and so on which are causing headaches to many governments authorities of nations and resulting in impoverished circumstances of numerous patients: có nhiều bệnh nan y như HIV hay ung thư đang gây đau đầu cho các vị quan chức chính phủ và cũng gây ra tình trạng đói nghèo cho các bệnh nhân.

IELTS Veteran

First, “ailment” means a minor illness whereas “disease” means a more serious situation. Given that HIV or cancers are often fatal, I recommend using “diseases” in place of “ailments”.
      –> Rewrite as follows: Some countries are plagued with diseases such as HIV or cancer, which not only cause the governments there much headache but also result in/lead to the impoverished circumstances of patients.
      Or
      –> Some countries are plagued with diseases such as HIV or cancer, which not only cause the governments there much headache but also impoverish patients, who lose the ability to work but still have to expend large sums of money on treatment.

I think what you need to improve in your writing is your communication of ideas. Try to write more streamlined sentences. I don’t mean that you cannot use complex sentence structures, but what I suggest is to try to express ideas in a more lucid manner, and try not to cram too much information/ideas in one sentence. Once you can do that, your idea can be much improved.

IELTS Veteran

First, “ailment” means a minor illness whereas “disease” means a more serious situation. Given that HIV or cancers are often fatal, I recommend using “diseases” in place of “ailments”.
      –> Rewrite as follows: Some countries are plagued with diseases such as HIV or cancer, which not only cause the governments there much headache but also result in/lead to the impoverished circumstances of patients.
      Or
      –> Some countries are plagued with diseases such as HIV or cancer, which not only cause the governments there much headache but also impoverish patients, who lose the ability to work but still have to expend large sums of money on treatment.

I think what you need to improve in your writing is your communication of ideas. Try to write more streamlined sentences. I don’t mean that you cannot use complex sentence structures, but what I suggest is to try to express ideas in a more lucid manner, and try not to cram too much information/ideas in one sentence. Once you can do that, your idea can be much improved.

IELTS Veteran

Thank you teacher,
    I really appreciate your support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Review mới

Mình tâm đắc với khóa Premium IELTS. Mình có đăng kí viết và sửa Writing trong vòng 6 tháng và quả thật mình nhận được kết quả thật đáng mong đợi. Giáo viên sửa rất tận tâm nên vocab và cả grammar của mình tăng rất nhanh. Thật cảm ơn Ielts Planet nhiều ạ

mt3011****@gmail.com

Học viên Premium IELTS
IELTS Planet - Học IELTS online 2019